I get a lot of questions about my HAIR! First things first- I have extremely thick hair. My entire family has the thickest hair you’ve ever seen. ha-ha! (If you know us, you know how insane it is) So no, I don’t wear extensions. Second, I do NOT color my hair. So I know that plays a big part in the health of my hair as well. But I do have other secrets that I think help, So I am going to share them with you!
1. I shower and wash my hair at night! I know a lot of people shower in the morning, but with my 2 littles running around, I don’t have time in the morning. Plus I like getting in my clean sheets to go to bed, feeling clean too! The nights I wash my hair, I will brush it with my wet brush, then braid it! (Pony tails or top-knots put a lot of tension on your hair, which can cause it to break) The nights I don’t wash it, I will still braid it. (If you don’t know how to braid, learn! It really is so simple, and Braids are the bomb.com.)
2. I haven’t used a blow dryer on my hair in…I can’t even remember! My hair is naturally straight, but that is another reason why the braids are helpful!! If you have naturally frizzy hair, straight hair, curly hair etc. the braid will give it a cute wave once it’s dry!
3. Not only do I not blow dry my hair, but I very rarely use any form of heat! My go-to hair styles are braids, the waves left over from my braids, a top-knot/double top-knot. On a rare occasion I will curl my hair, but when I say rare, I mean RARE. Ha-ha.
4. Besides dry shampoo, I don’t use products on my hair. The more products you use, the more gunk/chemicals are in your hair.
5. Speaking of dry shampoo, it is my life savor. Why? Because washing my hair happens once a week, maybe. Here is how it goes; Wash. day 1-Braid. day 2-waves. day 3-waves&Half up top-knot. day 4-Top-knot. Day 5-double top knot. Day 6-Braid. Day 7-Dry shampoo&waves. day 8-hat. Wash&repeat. Ha-ha Okay that’s not exactly how it goes all of the time, but that is pretty dang close. Go longer than you think you can between washes-you and your hair will thank me for it later!! 😉
6. I use Costco shampoo&conditioner or good old Pantene Pro-v. I am a licensed cosmetologist, so I know a lot of you will challenge me on this. But Me (and my hair) will challenge you right back 😉 I have used the (expensive) fancy stuff, and didn’t see a single difference. And since my hair takes up an entire bottle in one wash..let’s just say with the cheap stuff, My wallet is happy, my hair is happy, I am happy. Ha-ha!!
7. Lastly, every single night before bed I will brush my hair with my Y.S Park Brush (or wet brush if it’s wet) and massage my scalp. Sometimes upside down to get more blood flow to the roots of my hair. Not only does it help with hair growth, but it helps calm me down for the night!
SO, there you have it! Those are my current Hair Secrets! I hope you try some of my tips&tricks, and that they work for you!
Cheers to dirty hair 😉 😉 😉